ClickBank is a leading retailer of digital products. In order to sell more products it is best to keep the buying process as simple as possible.
However, when you click “Buy” on a Clickbank product you are taken to an extremely ugly, bog-standard Clickbank order form to make your purchase. It’s hardly ideal! You spend hours and hours on a sales page to design and it’s beauty. So it’s not before time that Clickbank has announced it’s introduction of customized order forms.
Upload your Clickbank product and order form images
Sign in to Clickbank with your Nickname (Username) and Password, click Settings along the top, and then click My Images in the secondary navigation. Here you can upload, not only your product images which I highly recommend, but also two possible images for the order form.
Then, on the right hand side, click the green “Add New Image” button. You will then get to the following form which can be used to upload a “Product” image as well as the two image types for the order form, the “Header Image” and the “Upper Corner Image”.
- In the Name field enter something you will use to recognize the image – enter the product name and “product image”, “header” or “corner” depending on which one you are uploading.
- In the Alt Tag field enter the alt tag – enter the product name here.
- For the Image Type drop-down menu you can choose either “Product”, “Header Image” or “Upper Corner Image” (the “Header Image” is a top banner; “Upper Corner Image” is repeated along the top to the left and right of the header banner and the “Product” is, er, the product). More later about the image types.
- For the Image choose a properly optimized gif, .jpg or .png file format. See below for size restrictions.
- Check the box and click Upload.
Here are the image size restrictions:
- The Product image must be between 20 pixels and 100 pixels wide and high. It must not be larger than 20kb in size.
- The Header Image must be 760 pixels wide, can be anywhere between 40 pixels and 170 pixels high. Image must be under 500kb in size.
- The Upper Corner Image. This image will be repeated horizontally. The width can be anywhere between 1 pixel and 20 pixels. The height must be the same as the Header Image.
You now need to wait for approval for these images which can take up to 3 working days! You will hopefully be notified of the images’ approval from Clickbank – you can also check in “My Images” under “Settings”.
Once the images have been approved you need to allocate them to the product or order form.
Update your product with the product image
Click on My Products in the Account Setting area.
Click on the edit product icon next to the Standard or Recurring Billing product you wish to adorn with an image.
Here you can change the price and the thank you page, etc., but for our purposes you just need to choose the product image you uploaded a few days ago.
Creating a custom order form
In order to add the order form images to the order form choose My Order Form under Account Settings and click the green Add New Template button on the right. And then you’ll get the form to create your order form template.
- For Template Name, you can put anything you want, like the product’s name with “order form”.
- Sidebar Color. Why did they call this “Sidebar Color” – it actually refers to the page background color! Make this the same as your website’s page <body> background color.
- Header Image. Choose the banner header image you uploaded for this product.
- Upper Corner Image. Ditto. Remember these are optional
- Order Form Color. Oh, Clickbank, you’re spoiling us! You have a great choice here between a light blue and light brown.
- Then check the box if you want this to Show on Success Page. I have a custom success page so I really don’t know what this is for. I leave this unchecked.
Once you have saved the changes to this form you have one more thing to do before you will have your new order form template up-and-running.
You will notice a URL parameter at the end of each of your custom form templates. You will need to append the URL of all your Clickbank payment links with a question mark (?) and the cbskin parameter.
So, find all your payment links on your sales pages – the links on the “buy now” buttons and change them from http://1.NICKNAME.pay.clickbank.net (for example) to http://1.NICKNAME.pay.clickbank.net/?cbskin=XXXX – the cbskin numbers will vary.
Have a look at my Clickbank order form after the custom order form skinning.
OK, it ain’t perfect. But it’s an improvement!
Do you think adding a custom order form to your Clickbank product’s purchase page will make any difference in conversions? Why not try it and see?